Monday, November 5, 2007

The Nomads

"Kings of garage"... "Modern acid-drenched psychotic r&b"... "Amphetamined r&b hellfire fusion" ... "What the Heartbreakers might've sounded like as acidheads instead of heroin addicts"... Just a few selected quotes to describe the sound of Sweden's The Nomads. (http://web.comhem.se/nomads/storysofar.htm)

Scheduled
Friday, 21 September 1984, "Garage Box", 01:45 - 02:30

Line up
Hans Östlund – guitar; Nick Vahlberg – guitar & vocals; Tony Carlsson – bass; Ed Johnson – drums

Set list
01 I'm not like everybody else (Kinks cover)
02 Rockin' all thru the night
03 I have always been here before (Roky Erickson cover)
04 I'm five years ahead of my time
05 Lowdown shakin' chills
06 Milk cow blues (traditional)

Opening song of the Nomads set was "Have love will travel".

Recording
I have a lossless (flac) recording of tracks 01-06, taken from a radio broadcast, total time just under 20 minutes. Have Love Will Travel was not broadcast.

No comments: